Lunch links: Mojo or no mojo?
November, 8, 2010
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Today's links topper comes courtesy of Joe in Brooklyn, NY: Dearest Ubben, Please remove Nebraska from the number 1 position in your latest power ranking. I've noticed a terrifying trend, the number 1 team loses. It's happened every week since week six. Nebraska, Missouri, and Oklahoma (twice) have all fallen victim to your "well-intentioned" rankings. I suggest that you move Nebraska to number 2 and have a seven way tie for first in the Big 12 between Oregon, Auburn, TCU, BSU, LSU, Stanford, and Wisconsin.
- Sports Illustrated's Joe Posnanski weighs in on the meaning of the football miracle he suspects nobody noticed, Kansas' win against Colorado.
- If you missed it, here's Ndamukong Suh's extra point attempt from Sunday. Yes, you read that right.
- Dave Matter of the Columbia Tribune tries to find Missouri's missing passing game.
- Kellis Robinett of the Wichita Eagle sorts out the good, bad and interesting from Saturday's win for Kansas State against Texas.
- The results haven't been there, but Bob Stoops hasn't lost his "mojo" and should stick to his guns, writes Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman.
- There's still a lot at stake for Iowa State, writes Randy Peterson of the Des Moines Register.
- However, a fan on the field after the game has defensive end Rashawn Parker displeased.
- Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III got rattled on Saturday.
- Both sides of the ball finally clicked for Texas Tech.
- Is the Wrecking Crew back after last week's win for Texas A&M?
- Nebraska fans can expect a wide range of emotions on Saturday, writes Steve Sipple of the Lincoln Journal Star.
- Texas is trying to explain yet another awful loss, writes Alan Trubow of the Austin American-Statesman.
- Bad news for the Big 12 South: More weapons are emerging on Oklahoma State's offense, writes John Helsley of The Oklahoman.
- Kansas coach Turner Gill is a proud, proud man after Saturday's win, writes Tully Corcoran of the Topeka Capital-Journal.
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
Final Illinois 18 Louisiana Tech 35 Final Rutgers 40 North Carolina 21 Final North Carolina State 34 UCF 27
Final Nevada 3 Louisiana-Lafayette 16 Final Utah State 21 UTEP 6 Final 22 Utah 45 Colorado State 10 Final Western Michigan 24 Air Force 38 Final South Alabama 28 Bowling Green 33
Final Marshall 52 Northern Illinois 23 Final Navy 17 San Diego State 16
Final Central Michigan 48 Western Kentucky 49 Final Fresno State 6 Rice 30
1:00 PM ET Cincinnati Virginia Tech 2:00 PM ET 15 Arizona State Duke 3:30 PM ET Miami (FL) South Carolina 4:30 PM ET Boston College Penn State 8:00 PM ET Nebraska 24 USC
2:00 PM ET Texas A&M West Virginia 5:30 PM ET Oklahoma 17 Clemson 9:00 PM ET Arkansas Texas
3:00 PM ET Notre Dame 23 LSU 6:30 PM ET 13 Georgia 21 Louisville 10:00 PM ET Maryland Stanford
12:30 PM ET 9 Ole Miss 6 TCU 4:00 PM ET 20 Boise State 10 Arizona 8:00 PM ET 7 Mississippi State 12 Georgia Tech
12:00 PM ET 19 Auburn 18 Wisconsin 12:30 PM ET 8 Michigan State 5 Baylor 1:00 PM ET 16 Missouri 25 Minnesota 5:00 PM ET 2 Oregon 3 Florida State 8:30 PM ET 1 Alabama 4 Ohio State
12:00 PM ET Houston Pittsburgh 3:20 PM ET Iowa Tennessee 6:45 PM ET 11 Kansas State 14 UCLA 10:15 PM ET Washington Oklahoma State