Lunch links: Huskies quiz stumps Sooners
December, 23, 2010
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
My parents had my trust fund amended; I don't get anything until I'm 50, which is a waste because I'm gonna be a billionaire in Costa Rica by then. Eating dolphins and hangin' out with lady singers.
- Outgoing Oklahoma State offensive coordinator Dana Holgorsen doesn't think his awkward "coach-in-waiting" year will cause problems at West Virginia.
- The Dallas Morning News' Tim Cowlishaw picks his locks of the bowl season. He'll take Missouri, OSU, Nebraska and OU against the spread, while picking Baylor, K-State, Texas Tech and Texas A&M to come up short.
- Oklahoma players didn't do very well on a quiz about Connecticut's program.
- Oklahoma State quarterback Brandon Weeden isn't just 27. He's married, too. Jenni Carlson of The Oklahoman catches up with his wife, Melanie Weeden, who explains what the ride of the past couple years has been like for both of them.
- The Cowboys are also doing their best to break even after the trip to the Alamo Bowl.
- Nebraska defensive end Pierre Allen is headed to the East-West Shrine Game.
- So will a pair of Longhorns: lineman Kyle Hix and tight end Greg Smith.
- Justin Wilcox, Tennessee defensive coordinator and possible candidate for the same position at Texas, isn't ready to talk about any conversations he's had with the Longhorns.
- Bill Snyder is warning his Kansas State team about the distractions of that other Manhattan.
- Baylor's overall team speed has Illinois coach Ron Zook concerned.
- Kellis Robinett of the Kansas City Star puts you on notice for one of the Big 12's biggest unsung heroes.
- Jimmie Tramel of the Tulsa World traces back the roots of "The Pride of Plainview," Oklahoma State receiver Justin Blackmon.