Did you know: AT&T Cotton Bowl
January, 7, 2011
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Ready for tonight's game? Whether you are or not, you'll be more ready after taking a look at some fun facts about tonight's game, courtesy of ESPN Stats and Info.
- LSU has won 10 of its past 13 bowl games.
- Texas A&M has lost its past four bowl games.
- LSU is 27-1 against teams outside the SEC under Les Miles, with the only loss coming to Penn State in last year's Capital One Bowl.
- Tonight's game is the renewal of a rivalry: It will be the 50th time Texas A&M and LSU have met. They played in 16 consecutive seasons from 1960-75 and for 10 consecutive seasons from 1986-95, but have only met in a bowl once, a 19-14 LSU win in the 1944 Orange Bowl. The Aggies and Tigers haven't played since the series was discontinued in 1995.
- Texas A&M's six game winning streak is its longest since 2004, and if it can make it seven, it will match a 1998 streak, a season that ended with Texas A&M's only Big 12 title.
- With 86 more yards, Cyrus Gray will become the second Aggie to amass 5,000 all-purpose yards. Darren Lewis is the only other Aggie to do it.
- Gray's streak of six consecutive games with at least 100 yards rushing is the longest since Lewis' 10 consecutive games in 1988.
- Receiver Jeff Fuller already holds the school record for single-season receiving yardage, but with 17 more yards, he'll be the first Aggies receiver to ever top 1,000 yards receiving.
- Quarterback Ryan Tannehill, a former receiver, is believed to be the only player in FBS history with a 400-yard passing game and a 200-yard receiving game.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/big12