Lunch links: New guys at UT
January, 11, 2011
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
I was sleeping last night, but the SEC broke into my apartment, shook me awake, slapped me in the face a couple times, then laughed and left. It's their world. We're all just trying to get by in it.
- Here's what new Texas offensive coordinator Bryan Harsin had to say at his introductory news conference on Monday.
- Those hires might give the Longhorns a much-needed shot in the arm, writes Jimmy Burch of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Quarterback J.W. Walsh is one of three Oklahoma State recruits who enrolled early and will be eligible for spring practice.
- Iowa State, meanwhile, welcomed a quarterback named Steele Jantz. His jersey for my All-Name Team is in the mail.
- Texas Tech is bringing in a new receiver via transfer from West Texas A&M.
- Kansas State athletic director John Currie agreed to a two-year extension through 2016.
- Beware, Oregon? Texas coach Mack Brown says the hangover from the 2009 title game lingered throughout the 2010 season.
- Jenni Carlson says Oklahoma State receiver Justin Blackmon could earn a bigger payday by staying in Stillwater another year.
- Texas A&M took its loss, and now looks to 2011, writes Robert Cessna of the Bryan-College Station Eagle.