Big 12 links: OSU has improvements, but no indoor facility
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Griffin
Enjoy your lunch with the accompaniment of these tasty lunchtime links from across the Big 12.
It will help build strong bodies 12 ways -- for those of you who still remember those old Wonder Bread commercials.
And provide a pretty good glimpse of where we are in the Big 12 with less than three weeks until the season openers finally roll around.
- The Oklahoman's Berry Tramel explains why Oklahoma State is the only Big 12 school without an indoor training facility dedicated specifically to football.
- The Sporting News figures out that the Big 12 South is the toughest division in college football.
- Omaha World-Herald columnist Tom Shatel writes what Ndamukong Suh needs to do to be included at the top of Nebraska's greatest defensive linemen.
- Colorado kicker Aric Goodman learned a lesson about perspective after he and several teammates helped save a Colorado student's life after Jacob Dana was involved in a serious bicycle accident, CUbuffs.com's B.G. Brooks reports.
- Baylor's hopes of playing Notre Dame in 2012 in the Louisiana Superdome in New Orleans are appearing to fade, the Waco Tribune-Herald reports.
- Former Texas Tech walk-on wide receiver Landon Hoefer jumped at the chance to start his career as a graduate assistant on Tommy West's staff at Memphis rather than complete his eligibility with the Red Raiders, the Memphis Commercial-Appeal's Phil Stukenborg reports.
- Des Moines Register columnist Sean Keeler predicts that Iowa State could flirt with bowl eligibility as the Cyclones finish in a three-way tie for fourth in the Big 12 North. And Keeler also writes how important early success will be for the Cyclones' fragile confidence.
- The loss of Jeremy Maclin and Jeff Wolfert -- arguably the most productive returner and kicker in Missouri history -- is causing a huge transformation to Missouri's special teams, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch's Vahe Gregorian reports.
- Kansas tailback Jake Sharp tells the Kansas City Star's J. Brady McCollough that he remains motivated, despite a strong foothold on the starting job.
- Idaho State vs. Oklahoma and Tennessee Tech vs. Kansas State make the Orlando Sentinel's ranking of the top five "Christians vs. the Lions" matchups of 2009.
- Texas A&M's quarterback battle between Jerrod Johnson and Ryan Tannehill likely will be settled sometime this week, the Houston Chronicle/San Antonio Express-News' Brent Zwerneman reports.
- The Kansas City Star's Paul Suellentrop writes that Kansas State's defensive line be key to any defensive growth.
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
Final Illinois 18 Louisiana Tech 35 Final Rutgers 40 North Carolina 21 Final North Carolina State 34 UCF 27
Final Nevada 3 Louisiana-Lafayette 16 Final Utah State 21 UTEP 6 Final 22 Utah 45 Colorado State 10 Final Western Michigan 24 Air Force 38 Final South Alabama 28 Bowling Green 33
Final Marshall 52 Northern Illinois 23 Final Navy 17 San Diego State 16
Final Central Michigan 48 Western Kentucky 49 Final Fresno State 6 Rice 30
1:00 PM ET Cincinnati Virginia Tech 2:00 PM ET 15 Arizona State Duke 3:30 PM ET Miami (FL) South Carolina 4:30 PM ET Boston College Penn State 8:00 PM ET Nebraska 24 USC
2:00 PM ET Texas A&M West Virginia 5:30 PM ET Oklahoma 17 Clemson 9:00 PM ET Arkansas Texas
3:00 PM ET Notre Dame 23 LSU 6:30 PM ET 13 Georgia 21 Louisville 10:00 PM ET Maryland Stanford
12:30 PM ET 9 Ole Miss 6 TCU 4:00 PM ET 20 Boise State 10 Arizona 8:00 PM ET 7 Mississippi State 12 Georgia Tech
12:00 PM ET 19 Auburn 18 Wisconsin 12:30 PM ET 8 Michigan State 5 Baylor 1:00 PM ET 16 Missouri 25 Minnesota 5:00 PM ET 2 Oregon 3 Florida State 8:30 PM ET 1 Alabama 4 Ohio State
12:00 PM ET Houston Pittsburgh 3:20 PM ET Iowa Tennessee 6:45 PM ET 11 Kansas State 14 UCLA 10:15 PM ET Washington Oklahoma State