Lunch links: Batch goes big on pro day
March, 11, 2011
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
You could have married him, Mom! Laura Linney could have played you in the HBO original movie, "Moon Wives"!
- Former Texas Tech running back Baron Batch was impressive in his pro day on Thursday, writes Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- Oklahoma made a small profit on its trip to the Fiesta Bowl, thanks to the Big 12's policy of absorbing the cost of unsold tickets, reports Desmond Conner of the Hartford Courant. The Big 12 took on over 1.8 million of the ticket losses, leaving Oklahoma to cover just $337K.
- Barry Sanders Jr., an Oklahoma City native and one of the top running backs in the 2012 class, is keeping his options open. That means Oklahoma State is still very much in the game, writes colleague Jamie Newberg.
- Oklahoma picked up the fourth commitment in its 2012 class on Thursday.
- Texas receiver Marquise Goodwin is trying to become a national champion tonight in the long jump, writes Randy Riggs of the Austin American-Statesman.
- Backup quarterback Jacob Karam is narrowing the gap between himself and starter Seth Doege, but the defense won the Red Raiders' third scrimmage on Thursday.