Lunch links: High-profile position switch
March, 24, 2011
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
SORRENTINE HIT THAT ONE FROM THE PARKING LOT!
- Oklahoma State quarterback Brandon Weeden has been eating a bit of humble pie this spring, writes Brandon Chatmon of The Oklahoman.
- Former blue-chip running back recruit Chris Whaley has moved from H-back to defensive end for the Longhorns, reports Randy Riggs of the Austin American-Statesman. Receiver Malcolm Williams is getting some time at H-back.
- Texas Tech coach Tommy Tuberville responded directly on Wednesday to a report that he is "miserable" in Lubbock.
- Aaron Colvin made a big move from cornerback to safety, but he's impressed coaches early, writes Jake Trotter of The Oklahoman.
- Iowa State has officially turned the page on the 2010 season.
- Oklahoma linebacker Tom Wort is the Sooners' English bulldog, and he's hoping to pave the way for more football players abroad, writes Simon Clancy of SI.com.
- Iowa transfer Brandon Wegher is no longer with the Oklahoma program.
- Texas Tech quarterback Seth Doege got a hot hand in practice on Wednesday, writes Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- Jeff Fuller is looking to follow in Von Miller's footsteps, writes Richard Croome of the Bryan-College Station Eagle. He also offers an early review of Christine Michael, who is back on the practice field.