Lunch links: Longhorns won't show much
March, 31, 2011
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
On the road again ... Aggieland, ho!
- We got a whiff of the BCS this week, and it smells a lot like corruption, writes Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman.
- Three Big 12 players get a mention in colleague Bruce Feldman's "Fastest players in college football" post.
- Don't read too much into the rotation of players for Texas in this weekend's spring game, reports Randy Riggs of the Austin American-Statesman.
- Oklahoma State says it was unaware of allegations that former receiver Dez Bryant accepted loans or made excessive jewelry purchases while a Cowboy, reports Bill Haisten of the Tulsa World.
- Kansas launched its new football website on Wednesday. It's a little busy, but it's pretty cool.
- Kansas' former ticket director was sentenced to 37 months in jail for her role in the theft and resale of football and basketball tickets, reports Tony Rizzo of the Kansas City Star.
- The Oklahoman's Brandon Chatmon has more on Oklahoma State running back Kye Staley's attempt at a comeback after leaving the team last year. He also has a few notes on the scrimmage standouts from Wednesday and the escalating backup quarterback battle.
- Kansas safety Keeston Terry tried to make the most of a season spent on the sidelines, writes Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World.