Lunch links: Bob Stoops' hitchhiking tales
April, 18, 2011
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Those empty seats are a killer. Look out next time, Kobe.
- A receiver, the younger brother of one of the Red Raiders' running backs, is transferring to Texas Tech from Florida.
- Kansas State linebacker Arthur Brown has been compared to Von Miller by at least one teammate, writes Kellis Robinett of the Kansas City Star. Cue Aggie rage.
- Yes, Missouri and Texas A&M had division champion rings made. Here they are.
- Bob Stoops once hitchhiked several hundred miles to a Bob Seger concert. This time around, he'll probably just drive to Tulsa to see him, reports Dave Sittler of the Tulsa World.
- Texas A&M added a top quarterback and running back to the nation's largest 2012 recruiting class.
- Speaking of the Aggies future, could Texas A&M name defensive coordinator Tim DeRuyter the coach-in-waiting? Kirk Bohls of the Austin American-Statesman wonders.
- Is an inoperable foot condition poised to push Baylor DT Phil Taylor out of the first round and down teams' draft boards?
- Oklahoma State added a safety from Fort Worth to its 2012 class.
- Dez Bryant settled one of the two lawsuits against him.
- Kansas State quarterback Justin Tuggle is a quick learner, writes Austin Meek of the Topeka Capital-Journal.
- Mike DeArmond of the Kansas City Star says the aerial circus has left Missouri. The Tigers are also looking forward to round-robin play in the Big 12.
- Receivers will be key for Missouri as it breaks in a new quarterback next year, writes Joan Niesen of the Columbia Missourian.
- Missouri also hauled in one of the nation's top running backs over the weekend.
- Oklahoma linebacker Travis Lewis was his entertaining post-spring game self on Saturday, writes John Hoover of the Tulsa World.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/big12