Lunch links: Unlikely NFL problem for RB
April, 21, 2011
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Pat is hilarious. I don't think she's paid taxes in 20 years, but very hospitable. Always has a deer in the freezer.
- For all the talk of other transfers, Kansas State may have a juco transfer ready to start at cornerback, writes Joshua Kinder of the Manhattan Mercury.
- Bob Stoops prefers to play Thanksgiving weekend rather than in December, reports Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman, who also has a few complaints about the Big 12 schedule still being unreleased.
- After fracturing his skull before last season, former Texas linebacker and second-round pick Sergio Kindle may still have to wait awhile to begin his NFL career, reports Todd Archer of ESPNDallas.com.
- Daniel Thomas was one of college football's most durable backs the past two seasons, but in a twist, injuries have become a concern to his NFL future, writes Kent Babb of the Kansas City Star.
- Meanwhile, back in Manhattan, John Hubert looks like he's challenging Bryce Brown for the right to replace Thomas, writes Kellis Robinett of the Wichita Eagle.
- The Big 12 did Texas Tech no favors in its 2011 schedule, writes colleague Ivan Maisel.
- Jesse Newell of the Lawrence Journal-World writes about how Kansas badly needs a big-play back.