Lunch links: Bizarre Big 12 history
July, 7, 2011
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
Back in Dallas (for a bit, anyway) and the blog is back to full speed. Did you miss me?
- Missouri got a commitment today from Maty Mauk, a 6-foot-1, 190-pound quarterback from Ohio that ESPN ranks as the nation's No. 15 passer in the 2012 class. Can't help but think this is some sort of scam perpetrated by this man. Think it'll be a little easier this time around, eh, Matt?
- Jenni Carlson of The Oklahoman has the story of Landry Jones' proposal to OU women's hoopster Whitney Hand.
- Former Texas receiver Roy Williams' recent marriage proposal, however? Not quite as seamless.
- Mike Finger of the San Antonio Express-News has 12 of the most bizarre events in Big 12 history. Some great stuff in here I'd forgotten about.
- Paul Myerberg at Pre-Snap Read has an in-depth preview of Kansas State heading into 2011.
- Oklahoma State booster T. Boone Pickens has been honored as the the CEO Coach of the Year Award by the American Football Coaches Association.
- Kansas quarterback Brock Berglund is reportedly back in Lawrence.
- Meanwhile, former Kansas running back Jake Sharp has found a new passion.