Lunch links: Missouri QB taking reins
July, 20, 2011
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Sad day on Tuesday for the folks at Sara Lee.
- Oklahoma State fans hoping the Pac-12's best receiver would be off the field when the Cowboys played Arizona will be disappointed.
- Could Texas Tech be undefeated when it plays Oklahoma late in the season?
- Missouri quarterback James Franklin is taking control of his team, reports Dave Matter of the Columbia Tribune. He's also impressed T.J. Moe with his touch on intermediate throws. Missouri also added two commits from Texas on Tuesday. Vahe Gregorian of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch has a little more on Franklin's development.
- Former Texas quarterback Colt McCoy stops by ESPN to talk about his new book, "Growing up Colt."
- Receiver Trey Metoyer's future at Oklahoma looks like it'll come down to an A and a B at junior college in Tyler, Texas, but he won't be able to enroll until after the first week of fall camp, reports Anthony Slater of The Oklahoman.
- Baylor's Art Briles is among a handful of coaches to lose money in a possible Ponzi scheme totalling 7.8 million in losses to a man who committed suicide over the weekend, reports Pablo Torres of SI.com.
- Stephanie Druley of the Longhorn Network answers 10 questions about the upstart project.
- Notable recruiting news for Missouri and Oklahoma, chasing Gunner Kiel, the nation's No. 1 quarterback. Kiel told ESPN.com's Mitch Sherman that he'd likely eliminate teams that had another QB in its 2012 class. Missouri (Maty Mauk) and Oklahoma (Trevor Knight) recently got commitments from quarterbacks.
- Kansas State wants its brand to be nationally recognizable, writes Kellis Robinett of the Wichita Eagle.
- Betsy Blaney of the Associated Press has a report from Mike Leach's book signing back in Lubbock.
- Today's random link: This is the best news I've heard all week. If you're under 25 like me, I'm sure you'll agree.
- Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World issues a warning: Don't doubt Quinn Mecham, Kansas' quarterback.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/big12