Lunch links: Did Big 12 refs target Huskers?
August, 1, 2011
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Who knew citing history was analogous to taking a bat to a bee hive?
- Tom Shatel of the Omaha World-Herald has an interesting look at the two sides of Bo Pelini. That won't interest Big 12 fans, but his claims that officials told him his team was going to get jobbed in the loss to Texas A&M might. Do you buy it?
- With the Big 12's athletic directors meeting today, Brent Zwerneman of the San Antonio Express-News says if the Longhorn Network continues with its plans to keep a second Big 12 game and broadcast high school games, Texas A&M will pack its bags for the SEC. For what it's worth, I agree.
- Kevin Haskin of the Topeka Capital-Journal catches up with the man behind the Bronx Salute, receiver Adrian Hilburn.
- Kirk Bohls of the Austin American-Statesman is preparing for an impending Texas quarterback transfer and talks Mack Brown succesors in his Sunday 9 Things and 1 Prediction column.
- Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman is no fan of adding gray to the school colors at Oklahoma State, and he's no fan of the loss of the Big 12 championship, either.
- The Big 12 would make a great reality television show, writes Dave Sittler of the Tulsa World.
- This is my favorite thing ever. The world needs more pandanalysts.
- Robert Griffin III would like to make a little Heisman buzz by winning this year, writes Chuck Carlton of the Dallas Morning News.
- Bill Snyder knows just how hard it is for some players who don't get paid, writes Cole Manbeck of the Manhattan Mercury.
- Oklahoma State quarterback Brandon Weeden spent his summer vacation soaking up knowledge from some of the best quarterbacks in the game, writes John Helsley of The Oklahoman.
- With the team set to report on Friday, Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal breaks down the Red Raiders, including what happened last season.
- Texas A&M running back Cyrus Gray's favorite player of all-time? A former Jayhawk: Gale Sayers.
- Jimmy Burch at the Fort Worth Star-Telegram has six challenges facing the Big 12 heading into 2011.
- Ben Frederickson of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch profiles the fascinating background story of one of the nation's top recruits likely to pick a Big 12 school, 6-foot-6 receiver Dorial Green-Beckham.
- After taking the long way there, former running back Toben Opurum has found a home at defensive end, writes Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- A renewed focus on defense has paid off for Missouri, writes Vahe Gregorian of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
- Iowa State added a seventh commit to its 2012 class.
- I took some time to talk Big 12 with the conference's show from media days last week.
- Texas A&M is taking its case against the Longhorn Network to the NCAA, citing a rule written in 1994, reports Dennis Dodd of CBSSports.com.