Big 12 lunch links: Buffaloes are skewered by their local press
September, 7, 2009
By Tim Griffin | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Griffin
Happy Labor Day.
Here are a few posts to get you through the holiday.
- The Boulder Camera’s Neill Woelk offers little mercy for Colorado’s uninspired first-game loss to Colorado State. And the Denver Post’s Mark Kiszla wonders why ballyhooed Colorado running back Darrell Scott had one carry and one pass reception in the loss.
- The Big 12 Conference’s Wendell Barnhouse provides an interesting compendium of tidbits from around the conference.
- The Fort Worth Star-Telegram’s Jimmy Burch gives Texas A&M high marks for notching five sacks and 606 yards in an impressive 41-6 thumping of New Mexico.
- The Sporting News pundit Matt Hayes weighs in on Oklahoma quarterback Landry Jones and Oklahoma State’s very real chance for a letdown Saturday against Houston.
- The Kansas City Star’s Brady McCullough reports that Dezmon Briscoe, Jeff Wheeler and Jamal Green will be back in Kansas’ lineup next week for the Jayhawks’ game against UTEP.
- The Oklahoman’s David Ubben wonders where was Oklahoma’s vaunted depth at wide receiver against BYU, among other second-day observations.
- CBSSports.com’s Dennis Dodd named Baylor’s Art Briles his “coach of the day” for the Bears' performance in a season-opening victory over Wake Forest.
- Austin American-Statesman columnist Kirk Bohls has Oklahoma pegged for two more losses and a visit to the Alamo Bowl after Sam Bradford’s injury.
- The Kansas City Star's Blair Kerkhoff’s “Conference Call” has Missouri rising and Oklahoma falling among Big 12 teams.
- Iowa State’s tackling skills will be tested by Iowa’s bruising inside running game, The Des Moines Register’s Randy Peterson reports.