Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Griffin
What do you consider more impressive: A tight victory over a better opponent, or a blowout over a team that had no business being on the field with you in the first place?
That's the dilemma to determine whether Missouri or Oklahoma is the Big 12's best team. The determination here is it's still the Tigers, maybe by the margin of a long Jeff Wolfert field goal.
Here's my Big 12 power rankings for this week.
1. Missouri: What concerns Gary Pinkel more -- leaky pass defense or Jeremy Maclin's foot injury?
2. Oklahoma: Only Mother Nature can derail Sooners' explosive offense.
3. Texas: Lamarr Houston's suspension isn't a good sign for Longhorns' green secondary.
4. Texas Tech: Sloppy opener could be a sign that Red Raiders might be a tad overrated.
5. Kansas: Lack of a running game is the biggest concern coming out of the first game.
6. Oklahoma State: Much-improved defense will get bigger test this week against Houston.
7. Colorado: Notched five sacks vs. CSU after posting 19 in 13 games last season.
8. Nebraska: Bo Pelini still has his work cut out with a struggling pass defense.
9. Kansas State: Five-TD outing shows that Josh Freeman might be playing up to his boasts.
10. Iowa State: Fantasy football player's dream after a huge night returning interceptions.
11. Texas A&M: Aggies lose home opener for first time since 1987.
12. Baylor: Robert Griffin shows hope for future, but what about this season for rest of team?