Lunch links: Further Aggies-SEC fallout
August, 26, 2011
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
What if The Situation's bloodlines were of French descent?
- The Longhorn Network has no plans for high school content.
- One day, in two years or in 20 years, Texas A&M will wake up and channel its inner Gob Bluth: I've made a huge mistake. The result? Harm for everyone in college football.
- Richard Justice of the Houston Chronicle says there are exciting times ahead for the Aggies, though.
- Urban Meyer and Chris Spielman have weighed in on Oklahoma's chances in 2011, and what they think the Big 12's future holds.
- Dorial Green-Beckham is one of the nation's top recruits, being hounded by three Big 12 programs. The Missouri native also has one of the best stories in the 2012 class. Colleague Mitch Sherman gives you a look inside.
- Missouri quarterback James Franklin's strict upbringing and sore "tush" have shaped who he is today, writes Dave Matter of the Columbia Tribune. He also profiles the Tigers' defense, led by "a collection of mild-mannered, devout Christians who would like nothing more than to rip off your head."
- Defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson is brushing aside the hype surrounding his arrival to scale the depth chart, writes Andrew Astleford of FoxSportsMidwest.com.
- Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman tracked down the local Aggies chapter in OKC, and found it to be downright sensible. He also clears up an issue for a few of you misguided folks: SMU to the Big 12 is complete nonsense.
- Mark Rosner of The Austin American-Statesman gives a look into defensive end Jackson Jeffcoat's basketball background that's helping him on the football field.
- Kansas coach David Beaty takes a unique approach on the recruiting trail to get players to KU, writes Tom Keegan of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- College football's new taunting rule sends a mixed message, writes Dennis Dodd of CBSSports.com.
- Iowa State safety Earl Brooks is out for the season with a torn ACL.
- The controversy over the Cy-Hawk trophy is over, and a crisis has been averted.
- Ian Seau is working to get out of the shadow of his famous uncle, writes Kellis Robinett of the Wichita Eagle.
- Oklahoma State is taking it easy on the live contact in camp this fall, writes Gina Mizell of The Oklahoman.
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
Final Nevada 3 Louisiana-Lafayette 16 Final Utah State 21 UTEP 6 Final 22 Utah 45 Colorado State 10 Final Western Michigan 24 Air Force 38 Final South Alabama 28 Bowling Green 33
6:00 PM ET Marshall Northern Illinois 9:30 PM ET Navy San Diego State
12:00 PM ET Central Michigan Western Kentucky 8:00 PM ET Fresno State Rice
1:00 PM ET Illinois Louisiana Tech 4:30 PM ET Rutgers North Carolina 8:00 PM ET North Carolina State UCF
1:00 PM ET Cincinnati Virginia Tech 2:00 PM ET 15 Arizona State Duke 3:30 PM ET Miami (FL) South Carolina 4:30 PM ET Boston College Penn State 8:00 PM ET Nebraska 24 USC
2:00 PM ET Texas A&M West Virginia 5:30 PM ET Oklahoma 17 Clemson 9:00 PM ET Arkansas Texas
3:00 PM ET Notre Dame 23 LSU 6:30 PM ET 13 Georgia 21 Louisville 10:00 PM ET Maryland Stanford
12:30 PM ET 9 Ole Miss 6 TCU 4:00 PM ET 20 Boise State 10 Arizona 8:00 PM ET 7 Mississippi State 12 Georgia Tech
12:00 PM ET 19 Auburn 18 Wisconsin 12:30 PM ET 8 Michigan State 5 Baylor 1:00 PM ET 16 Missouri 25 Minnesota 5:00 PM ET 2 Oregon 3 Florida State 8:30 PM ET 1 Alabama 4 Ohio State
12:00 PM ET Houston Pittsburgh 3:20 PM ET Iowa Tennessee 6:45 PM ET 11 Kansas State 14 UCLA 10:15 PM ET Washington Oklahoma State