Lunch links: A BYU/Sundays solution
August, 30, 2011
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Did anybody realize Busta Rhymes is 39? This is oddly jarring.
Fun with puzzles!
Fun with puzzles!
- Blair Kerkhoff of the Kansas City Star has a good solution to the problem of playing on Sundays if BYU joins the Big 12. League should absolutely explore this option.
- The Big 12 needs to dream big and grab hold of an image makeover, writes Bryan Burwell of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
- Notre Dame? It doesn't sound very interested in the Big 12, writes Kirk Bohls of the Austin American-Statesman. Meanwhile, in Dallas, I am shocked.
- What does Mack Brown think about Texas A&M's move to the SEC? Mark Rosner of the Austin American-Statesman asked him.
- Need a 14th team? The SEC should expand and invite TCU, writes Dan Wetzel of Yahoo! Sports. Some good points, and the Horned Frogs would definitely be more valuable to the SEC than the Big 12, but I think the benefits to the SEC teams would be far too intangible.
- Oklahoma State has set a school record for season-ticket sales. This is the second time it's happened in three years.
- Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III's socks? They vanquish all rivals.
- Oklahoma State fans: Looking for something to complain about?
- Here's a look and breakdown of Kansas' new depth chart, without many surprises but with two freshmen starting on special teams. Also, Toben Opurum is a team captain. My hat is off to that man. Leading rusher-turned-defensive lineman-turned-outside linebacker, and he worked through it all.
- Receiver Kenny Stills looks like he'll be suspended for Saturday's game, but safety Tony Jefferson is a go, writes Travis Haney of The Oklahoman.
- Defensive end David King might be the most improved Sooner in fall camp, writes Mike Baldwin of The Oklahoman.
- So, Garrett Gilbert is the starter at Texas. But for how long? Cedric Golden at the Austin American-Statesman wants to know. Kirk Bohls at the Statesman wants to know if he'll finish, too.
- Oklahoma State cornerback Brodrick Brown has a lot more to offer than just "The Play," writes Gina Mizell of The Oklahoman.
- Garrett Gilbert has his second chance now, and he's different this time around, writes Carter Strickland of HornsNation.com.
- Oklahoma's top recruit in the 2011 class won't be on campus until January.
- Texas quarterback Connor Wood, listed as a co-No. 3 on the season's first depth chart, visited Colorado on Monday.
- Will Oklahoma run the table this year? A panel of experts debates the possibility.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/big12