Lunch links: Big 12 blame game
September, 5, 2011
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
It's always a good time for Weezer or the Strokes.
- Gil LeBreton of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram tries to sort out who is to blame for what in the Big 12's current death spin.
- Kirk Bohls of the Austin American-Statesman says Dan Beebe should make the Big 12 an 18-team league, but also says Oklahoma and Oklahoma State's bags are packed for the Pac-12.
- Dan Wolken of The Daily says the Big 12 should get 12 football schools but use the Big East model and go to 18 basketball schools.
- Blair Kerkhoff of the Kansas City Star wonders if everyone involved with breaking up the Big 12 has lost their sanity.
- A collection of OU personalities weigh in on the death of one of the program's greats, Lee Roy Selmon, who died on Sunday at 56. Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman eulogizes him.
- Texas Tech has taken a trip to the wild, wild west. Jim West, desperado, rough rider. No, you don't want nada.
- Dennis Dodd of CBSSports.com wonders what Oklahoma's eyes wandering West means for the landscape of the game.
- Iowa State isn't in denial. After squeaking by an FCS opponent, it knows it has a long ways to go, writes Andrew Logue of the Des Moines Register.
- Boone Pickens spent his weekend being awesome and making hilarious analogies re: the Big 12 future and Texas.
- Oklahoma struggled to run the ball quite a bit at times in 2010, but had a lot of success in the opener, writes Mike Baldwin of The Oklahoman.
- Mark Rosner of the Austin American-Statesman checks in on Texas' influx of freshmen.
- Texas A&M shrugged aside all the talk about the SEC, but still needs a lot of improvement to get where it wants to be, writes Jimmy Burch of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World talks with Kansas linebacker Tunde Bakare, who played his first game on Saturday after his 22-year-old older brother was killed in May.
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
6:57 3rd Qtr Cincinnati 10 Virginia Tech 27 5:04 2nd Qtr 15 Arizona State 20 Duke 3 3:30 PM ET Miami (FL) South Carolina 4:30 PM ET Boston College Penn State 8:00 PM ET Nebraska 24 USC
Final Nevada 3 Louisiana-Lafayette 16 Final Utah State 21 UTEP 6 Final 22 Utah 45 Colorado State 10 Final Western Michigan 24 Air Force 38 Final South Alabama 28 Bowling Green 33
Final Marshall 52 Northern Illinois 23 Final Navy 17 San Diego State 16
Final Central Michigan 48 Western Kentucky 49 Final Fresno State 6 Rice 30
Final Illinois 18 Louisiana Tech 35 Final Rutgers 40 North Carolina 21 Final North Carolina State 34 UCF 27
2:00 PM ET Texas A&M West Virginia 5:30 PM ET Oklahoma 17 Clemson 9:00 PM ET Arkansas Texas
3:00 PM ET Notre Dame 23 LSU 6:30 PM ET 13 Georgia 21 Louisville 10:00 PM ET Maryland Stanford
12:30 PM ET 9 Ole Miss 6 TCU 4:00 PM ET 20 Boise State 10 Arizona 8:00 PM ET 7 Mississippi State 12 Georgia Tech
12:00 PM ET 19 Auburn 18 Wisconsin 12:30 PM ET 8 Michigan State 5 Baylor 1:00 PM ET 16 Missouri 25 Minnesota 5:00 PM ET 2 Oregon 3 Florida State 8:30 PM ET 1 Alabama 4 Ohio State
12:00 PM ET Houston Pittsburgh 3:20 PM ET Iowa Tennessee 6:45 PM ET 11 Kansas State 14 UCLA 10:15 PM ET Washington Oklahoma State