Links: Who's making Big 12 decisions?
September, 16, 2011
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
I made a decent penny on boiled denims.
- Big decisions in realignment? They're being made by doctors, dentists and convenience store chain owners, writes Dennis Dodd of CBSSports.om.
- Texas has created a mess that only Oklahoma can clean up now, writes Tim Cowlishaw of the Dallas Morning News.
- Missouri chancellor Brady Deaton says the Big 12's future rests with the Sooners.
- Do college players follow realignment and the surrounding issues? Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman says no. He also writes that the Seminole tribe in Oklahoma is disgusted by Chief Osceola, Florida State's mascot.
- Meanwhile, a small town wants Kansas to drop the name "Jayhawks" because it represents a band of "domestic terrorists." Kansas' response: One of the greatest ever.
- If Texas leaves for a new conference, the Longhorn Network will be ready, writes John Maher of the Austin American-Statesman.
- Texas can still be a realignment winner, writes Dan Wolken of The Daily. It just needs to join the SEC.
- CBS Sports tells the story of OSU receiver Justin Blackmon's relationship with a young cancer-stricken girl.
- UConn's pack of Huskies at quarterback are offering some complex challenges for Iowa State's defense.
- Kansas' running backs have impressed a guy who knows good running backs, former Jayhawk and NFL great Gale Sayers, writes J. Brady McCollough of the Kansas City Star.
- The Oklahoman's Jenni Carlson is mistaken for Brandon Weeden's wife, Melanie.
- Is Oklahoma State's trip to Texas A&M big enough for a visit from ESPN College GameDay? Gina Mizell of The Oklahoman examines reasons why it might or might not.
- The advantage of beginning a season with an FCS opponent and taking a week off? Kansas State is the nation's best defensive team for now, writes Kellis Robinett of the Kansas City Star.
- Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal profiles Tech defensive back Sawyer Vest and his background in rodeo.
- Texas running back Malcolm Brown's attitude comes from his family background and moving around with his Air Force parents, writes Mike Finger of the San Antonio Express-News.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/big12