Evening links from the San Diego airport
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Griffin
SAN DIEGO, Calif. -- You've got to love free wi-fi, don't you?
Taking advantage of the generosity of the good folks at the San Diego International Airport, here are some quick links before I board for Reno, Nev., in a few minutes.
- Everybody's favorite Texas student, actor Matthew McConaughey, is doing some voice-over work for something called the "Baby Longhorn DVD." The Austin American-Statesman has linked to some of the outtakes.
- ESPN's Chris Fowler speculates to the Kansas City Star that a potential Iowa-Nebraska game at Arrowhead Stadium could be an intriguing future nonconference matchup.
- The Big Red Zone at the Omaha World-Herald discusses Alex Henery's streak of 12 straight field goals. Henery still needs six to break the school and Big 12 record of 18 set by Kris Brown in 1997-98.
- Check out what Oklahoman beat writers Scott Wright and Jake Trotter have to say about Oklahoma's and Oklahoma State's games this week. It's more than nine minutes long, but well worth the time. It sure beats watching "Judge Judy" here, anyway.
- Manhattan Mercury sports editor Joshua Kinder said he almost forgot about Kansas State's original opponent for this week -- Fresno State. I haven't. Instead, the Wildcats are playing Football Championship Series opponent Montana State and I'm headed to Reno. The blog Bring on the Cats provides a quick look at the Bobcats.
- USA Today provides an extensive, handy preview of this week's Big 12 games. I wouldn't jump on an airplane without a copy.
- For readers in the Denver area, the Ralphie Report provides a way for fans to score two free tickets for tomorrow's Colorado-Eastern Washington game.
Guys, gotta run, because the A group is boarding. Talk to you tomorrow.