Big 12 did you know: Week 4
September, 23, 2011
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
Once again, here's this week's collection of facts and tidbits, courtesy of ESPN Stats and Info and various sports information departments around the Big 12.
We love you.
Did you know...
We love you.
Did you know...
- Oklahoma State's streak of six consecutive road wins is tied for third-longest in the nation.
- The Big 12 is the only conference with three teams in the top eight of both polls.
- Texas A&M quarterback Ryan Tannehill is one of only 10 Aggies to ever amass 100 catches and 1,000 yards in their career. Ryan Swope joined the group last week.
- Oklahoma State receiver Justin Blackmon's 12 touchdown catches of 20 yards or longer since the beginning of last season are the most in the nation. He caught a 29-yarder against the Aggies last year.
- Texas' streak of nine consecutive seasons of 10 wins or more from 2001-09 is the second-longest in NCAA history.
- Baylor's 48-0 win over Stephen F. Austin last week was the first home shutout since 1985. The opponent? TCU, of course.
- OSU and Texas A&M are playing just the third matchup this season of top 10 teams, after LSU-Oregon in Week 1 and FSU-OU last week.
- Oklahoma has won 37 consecutive games at home, but the Sooners also have a 31-game conference home winning streak, dating back to 2001.
- Oklahoma's current seven-game winning streak is the nation's second longest, behind Stanford's 11-game streak.
- Only 30.3 percent of Blackmon's targets this year are coming from more than 10 yards downfield, compared to 50 percent last year.
- Of his 20 touchdowns last year, 15 of them came on targets from longer than 10 yards. He has none this year.
- Oklahoma receiver Ryan Broyles has a catch in 41 consecutive games.
- Oklahoma State quarterback Brandon Weeden's passing efficiency drops from 159.8 to 131.8 when you look at downs he's blitzed.
- When blitzed though, he completes 73.3 percent of his pass attempts to Blackmon.
- This year, Texas A&M quarterback Tannehill is completing only 50 percent of his passes in the red zone with one touchdown and an interception. Weeden is completing 77.8 percent, with six scores and a pick.
- On throws of longer than 20 yards this year, Tannehill is completing 71.4 percent of his passes. Weeden is completing just 41.7 percent.
- Texas Tech has a touchdown pass in 85 of 86 games dating back to 2004.
- The last Texas true freshman to rush for 100 yards in a game before Malcolm Brown did it last year? Jamaal Charles in 2005.
- Texas A&M won 10 of the first 12 meetings with OSU when the Big 12 began, but OSU has won three consecutive games since. They averaged 43.3 points in those three games after averaging 18.2 in the first 12 contests.
- Baylor receiver Kendall Wright is now the school leader in receiving yards, with 2,653.
- With a win over Rice, Baylor would be 3-0 for the first time since 2005. Iowa State, meanwhile, is already 3-0 for the first time since 2005.
- Iowa State is 5-of-5 on fourth downs. The five conversions are the most of any Big 12 team.
- Kansas is 13-of-13 on red zone conversions, with 11 touchdowns.
- Kansas State and Miami have never played.
- K-State leads the nation in scoring defense, passing efficency defense and total defense, and ranks second in pass defense and eighth in rushing defense.