Lunch links: TCU-Big 12 reaction
October, 11, 2011
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
It's like watching The Breakfast Club on TBS.
- Fifteen years after being left for dead by major college football, TCU is back and won its way into the club, writes Mac Engel of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. Good insight here from a former TCU media relations staffer.
- Here's the news story from Stefan Stevenson of the Star-Telegram from TCU's Monday announcement.
- If you missed it, here's my take on TCU joining the Big 12 blog. (It will also be in the Big 12 Conference.)
- A document leaked to the Associated Press outlines Missouri's options if it left for the SEC, including the financial windfall that could follow.
- The Big 12's No. 2 rusher may be lost for the season.
- Is the clock ticking on Turner Gill at Kansas? Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World asks.
- Texas took a beating, but the reaction is different than what Cedric Golden of the Austin American-Statesman saw from last year's team.
- Oklahoma running back Dominique Whaley's legend only continues to grow, writes Travis Haney of The Oklahoman.
- Missouri is trying to get a redshirt for LB Will Ebner and LT Elvis Fisher. The Tigers also had a handful of changes on the depth chart this week.
- Could Kansas face a team that runs up the score on Saturday? Matt Tait asks around.
- In each of Kansas State coach Bill Snyder's stints in Manhattan, Year 3 has been the turning point, writes Blair Kerkhoff of the Kansas City Star.