Lunch links: Who is on upset alert?
October, 18, 2011
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
What I mean is you gooder no make difference.
- It's rivalry week in the Sunflower State, but it's being put off for a worthy cause, writes Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- "College GameDay" fever is already sweeping Manhattan, Kan., writes Kellis Robinett of the Wichita Eagle.
- Check out Lubbock, Texas, on Monday. If you've never seen a West Texas dust storm, get a load of it. This is a good representation.
- Will Missouri make its intentions known re: Big 12 or SEC on Thursday? It's possible, reports Mike DeArmond of the Kansas City Star. Interim Big 12 commissioner Chuck Neinas tells Brett McMurphy of CBSSports.com he hasn't heard anything different from Mizzou.
- Todd Monken is the new man at OSU, but he's looking to tone down his spicy vocabulary, writes Gina Mizell of The Oklahoman.
- One of Missouri's most hyped recruits ever is set to make his first career start on Saturday, writes Vinnie Duber of the Columbia Missourian.
- Could a true freshman become Texas' first 1,000-yard rusher since 2007? Rick Cantu of the Austin American-Statesman examines the possibility.
- Don't look past a Kansas upset in Saturday's Sunflower Showdown, writes Tom Keegan of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- When Tech receiver Darrin Moore returns, the Red Raiders' coaching staff will have a tough decision, writes Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- Mike Stoops is heading to Oklahoma ... for a family visit.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/big12