Lunch links: Who's to blame for MU leaving?
October, 20, 2011
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
I'm just saying: The guy's a judge. He could put a shirt on.
- This year's Bedlam is so big it needs a new name, writes Jenni Carlson of The Oklahoman. Readers: What ya got?
- Is Missouri a financial fit in the SEC? Its spending in sports pales in comparison to the best in the SEC, writes Stu Durando of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Here's how Missouri stacks up in total athletic department spending.
- If the Tigers leave, there are no winners, and both sides could have done a lot to maintain the relationship, writes Sam Mellinger of the Kansas City Star. He's got a little more to say about the column in his blog, too.
- Former SEC commissioner Roy Kramer talks about Missouri's possible future membership in the league with Jon Solomon of the Birmingham News. Interesting stuff here.
- Less practice and more fun have meant big success at Oklahoma State, writes Dennis Dodd of CBSSports.com.
- Will it mean a Heisman for Justin Blackmon? OSU's receiver knows his position puts him at a disadvantage, but Jeff Miller of ESPN Dallas checks out his chances.
- Cedric Golden and Kirk Bohls of the Austin American-Statesman grade the first half of the season for Texas.
- Do the right thing, Kansas: Fire Turner Gill and re-hire Mark Mangino, writes Bill Reiter of Fox Sports.
- Iowa State receiver Darius Reynolds is nicknamed "Money" and he's finally living up to the moniker, writes Mark Emmert of the Des Moines Register.
- Jimmy Burch of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram looks back on the highlights and lowlights of the first half of the season.
- Oklahoma State's Wilson Youman is one of the last two-way players, but he's excelling for the Cowboys, writes John Helsley of The Oklahoman.
- A piece of history at Oklahoma nearly ended up in the trash can.
- The rivalry in Kansas has a special effect on Kansas OL Tanner Hawkinson's household, writes Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- Get ready for a fast game in Norman on Saturday, writes David Just of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/big12