Big 12 did you know: Week 10
November, 4, 2011
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Time for one of my favorite posts of the week. The always informative "Did you know," thanks to ESPN Stats & Info and various sports information departments across the Big 12. We love you all.
Just the facts, ma'am.
Just the facts, ma'am.
- Oklahoma State has appeared in 27 consecutive BCS standings, tied for second in the FBS.
- The Cowboys have forced three more turnovers (29) than any team in college football, with the most interceptions (17) and the second most fumbles recovered (12).
- Kansas State and Oklahoma State met 57 times. Until Saturday, they've never met while both were ranked teams.
- Oklahoma State receiver Justin Blackmon is only the third OSU receiver to ever surpass 200 catches.
- Blackmon is averaging 4.8 fewer yards per reception this season.
- His only touchdown catch of longer than 20 yards this year came on a screen pass in which he gained all 24 yards after the catch.
- Texas Tech, Kansas and Missouri are the only Big 12 teams to never beat Mack Brown in Austin.
- Texas A&M has won its past five road games.
- The Aggies have led by double digits in every game this season.
- Quarterback Brandon Weeden is completing 77 percent of his passes to Blackmon in the red zone since the start of 2010.
- Oklahoma State hasn't been 8-0 since 1945. That season, Missouri Valley conference member "Oklahoma A&M" finished its season with a win over St. Mary's in the Sugar Bowl to finish 9-0.
- Texas Tech has scored a touchdown on 78.1 percent of its red zone trips, the highest percentage in the Big 12.
- Texas has scored a touchdown on 47.1 percent of its red zone trips, the lowest percentage in the Big 12.
- Texas A&M receiver Jeff Fuller has a catch in 41 consecutive games.
- Kansas State has scored a touchdown on 19-of-20 (95 percent) goal-to-go situations, the highest percentage in the FBS.
- In 10 goal-to-go situations, Oklahoma State has given up five touchdowns. That's the lowest percentage in the Big 12 and sixth-best nationally, tied with ... Alabama.
- Landry Jones has targeted Ryan Broyles at least 10 times in each of the past four games.
- When targeting Broyles this year, Jones hasn't thrown an interception. All nine of his interceptions this season have come when targeting other OU receivers.
- Broyles needs 20 yards to move into second place in NCAA history for career receiving yards.
- Since 2007, five Big 12 teams (Texas, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Missouri, Kansas) have reached Nos. 1 or 2 in the BCS standings on seven occasions. Oklahoma State would likely become the sixth with a win on Saturday, after No. 1 LSU and No. 2 Alabama play.
- In 412 targets over the past three seasons, Broyles has one dropped pass with 301 catches, 3,812 yards and 39 touchdowns.
- Facing four or fewer rushers in the first half, Texas A&M quarterback Ryan Tannehill has completed 69.9 percent of his passes for nine touchdowns and one interception.
- Facing four or fewer rushers in the second half, Tannehill has completed 60.2 percent of his passes for two touchdowns and three interceptions.
- Before last week's win over Texas Tech, Iowa State QB Jared Barnett had never scored a touchdown, rushing or passing.
- The Cyclones 368 rushing yards were the most in a conference game since 1996.
- The 41-7 win for ISU was its largest margin of victory in a conference game since a 45-3 win over Kansas in 2002.
- Baylor has forced a turnover in all seven games this season.
- The last time Kansas State played top 11 opponents in consecutive weeks: 1995.
- Kansas linebacker Steven Johnson made 18 tackles against Texas last week to move into fifth nationally (89 tackles) and 19 more than any player in the Big 12. It was the highest single-game total for a Jayhawk since 2003.
- Baylor QB Robert Griffin III is now the school's single-season touchdown pass record-holder, with 24 touchdown passes this season.
- At 69.8 percent, Griffin has the highest career completion percentage of any active Big 12 quarterback.
- Kansas was shutout last week for the first time since 2002.
- Kansas State kicker Anthony Cantele's 54-yard field goal last week was the longest for a Wildcat since Jeff Snodgrass' 57-yarder in 2005.
- Missouri has played more overtime games (14) than any team in NCAA history.
- Oklahoma receiver Ryan Broyles broke OSU receiver Rashaun Woods' Big 12 career record for receiving last week. Broyles now has 4,499 receiving yards.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/big12