Lunch links: Reaction to Mizzou's SEC move
November, 7, 2011
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Why so green and lonely? Heaven sent you to me.
- Colleague Ivan Maisel tracks Missouri's envelopment in the latest realignment chaos.
- Missouri's entrance into the SEC begins the end of the SEC as we know it, writes SI.com's Stewart Mandel.
- Missouri just made the move every one of us would have made, writes Andy Staples of SI.com.
- The Tigers championed stability as the reason for the move, but it's clear money was a big reason, too, writes Vahe Gregorian of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
- The awkward courtship is over, but what can Missouri expect in its SEC marriage? Jon Solomon of the Birmingham News fills you in.
- Mike DeArmond of the Kansas City Star takes you inside Sunday's celebration at Mizzou, with a dash of history.
- Saturday's loss caused more questions for Mike Sherman, whose team has been the Big 12's most disappointing, writes Buck Harvey of the San Antonio Express-News.
- Missouri's decision to leave is complex, but it's alienated at least one notable Mizzou alum, writes Sam Mellinger of the Kansas City Star.
- Tom Keegan of the Lawrence Journal-World says bad move, Mizzou, but what can you expect from the school that hired Quin Snyder over Bill Self?
- Oklahoma's bye week is well timed. It offers the Sooners a chance to heal, and adjust to players that won't be there for the remainder of the season.
- The BCS title game needs a gunslinger like Brandon Weeden, writes Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman.
- Missouri and the Big 12 are unsure of one another, but entering into a partnership, writes Dennis Dodd of CBSSports.com.
- Kansas legends lament the loss of the Border War with J. Brady McCollough of the Kansas City Star.
- Kellis Robinett of the Kansas City Star dissects a heartbreaking loss for Kansas State.
- Texas defensive end Jackson Jeffcoat is starting to deliver on some of his promise from a big freshman season, writes Mark Rosner of the Austin American-Statesman.
- Andrew Logue of the Des Moines Register offers some insight on Iowa State's Saturday hero.
- The magic for Texas Tech after the Oklahoma upset is gone, writes Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/big12