Big 12 did you know: Week 11
November, 11, 2011
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Time for a few fun facts via various sports information departments around the Big 12 and ESPN Stats & Information.
- Oklahoma in 2000 is the only team in BCS history to appear in the national championship game without a previous BCS appearance. Oklahoma State is in position to become the second.
- Four Big 12 teams are bowl-eligible; four more are on the cusp with five wins. Missouri has four wins.
- Kansas State's Collin Klein has 72 more net rushing yards than Michigan's Denard Robinson, though has played in one more game.
- Kansas State has given up 1,095 passing yards and 110 points the last two weeks, both losses.
- In its last two games, Texas has outrushed opponents by a combined yardage of 880-28.
- Baylor's 697 yards of offense last week against Missouri was the most in school history.
- In that game, quarterback Robert Griffin III broke his own record with 470 yards of offense. The record was set the previous week against Oklahoma State, with 452.
- Oklahoma State is 1-9 in its past 10 trips to Lubbock.
- Missouri's only victory over Texas since 1920 was in 1997, when Texas went 4-7 under John Mackovic.
- Missouri running back Henry Josey has at least 129 yards in four consecutive games.
- Josey's 13 runs of 20 yards or longer is the most among FBS running backs.
- Texas first met Missouri back in 1894. That's also the first time Texas played Texas A&M.
- Kansas State has four non-offensive touchdowns in four weeks.
- Iowa State quarterback Jared Barnett is 2-0 as starter.
- Oklahoma State receiver Justin Blackmon has 10 touchdown catches in the red zone, the most of any receiver.
- Oklahoma State is tied with LSU for No. 1 in the BCS computer rankings. Stanford is No. 8, according to the computers.
- Oklahoma's crowd of 85,709 last week against Texas A&M was a school record.
- Baylor receiver Kendall Wright has at least seven catches in nine consecutive games. With 29 more yards, he'll be the first 1,000-yard receiver in school history.
- Ryan Broyles' 4,586 receiving yards is second-most in NCAA history.
- Missouri has been outscored 43-0 in the third quarter of each of its four losses.
- Last week's loss to Oklahoma was Texas A&M's first road defeat of the season.
- Iowa State has at least 250 yards rushing in consecutive games for the first time since 2000.
- Kansas lost to Iowa State 13-10 last week, but the 13 points were the fewest allowed by a Kansas defense since 2007.
- The Jayhawks shut out ISU in the third quarter, the first time this season Kansas hasn't allowed any points in the third quarter.
- Last week's 95 receiving yards were a career high for Texas Tech's Adam James.
- Baylor is second nationally with more than 577 yards of offense per game. Kansas, its opponent Saturday, is last nationally, giving up more than 541.
- Oklahoma State has nine wins in four consecutive seasons for the first time in school history.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/big12