Lunch links: Mizzou and Texas recruiting
November, 18, 2011
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Who cares about letters? The only good font is the Sopranos' one, where the "r" is a pistol.
- After Joe Paterno's firing, Bill Snyder should be college football's new poster boy, writes Kirk Bohls of the Austin American-Statesman.
- Harry Plumer of the Columbia Missourian traces Missouri's recent recruiting roots in Texas and explains the importance and birth of Mizzou's rise.
- Berry Tramel of the Oklahoman offers some perspective on the tragedy in Stillwater today.
- Kate Hairopoulos of the Dallas Morning News unearthed e-mails that shed light onto Texas A&M's Big 12 discontent and decision to leave.
- Kansas State is launching a Web campaign in support of quarterback Collin Klein. I can only assume that Klein designed and wrote the copy and code for the entire site. He does about everything else at K-State. Yours truly and the Honey Badger get a shoutout on the site.
- Eyebrow-raising comments from A&M running back Christine Michael's younger brother, a top-flight recruit.
- Missouri students weighed in on Gary Pinkel's arrest with the Columbia Missourian.
- Thursday was a defining moment in Mike Alden's career as he served Pinkel a difficult reminder, writes Bryan Burwell of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
- Pinkel's mistake means a painful Senior Day for the Tigers' 26 seniors, too.
- Colleague Ivan Maisel says Missouri handled the Pinkel arrest swiftly and well.
- Andrew Logue of the Des Moines Register puts into context the history that Iowa State could make against Oklahoma State tonight.
- How did Oklahoma State tame its wild road schedule? Gina Mizell of the Oklahoman takes you back.
- Mike Baldwin introduces you to Oklahoma's do-it-all freshman, Trey Millard.
- Is Jordan Webb the man for the future at Kansas? J. Brady McCollough asks around. Here's the episode of the team's reality show, "The Gridiron" covering last week's game.
- Try to contain your surprise, but poor Texas Tech has even more injuries.
- John Maher of the Austin American-Statesman takes you back to the time TCU cost Texas a national title.
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
12:36 2nd Qtr Cincinnati 7 Virginia Tech 10 2:00 PM ET 15 Arizona State Duke 3:30 PM ET Miami (FL) South Carolina 4:30 PM ET Boston College Penn State 8:00 PM ET Nebraska 24 USC
Final Nevada 3 Louisiana-Lafayette 16 Final Utah State 21 UTEP 6 Final 22 Utah 45 Colorado State 10 Final Western Michigan 24 Air Force 38 Final South Alabama 28 Bowling Green 33
Final Marshall 52 Northern Illinois 23 Final Navy 17 San Diego State 16
Final Central Michigan 48 Western Kentucky 49 Final Fresno State 6 Rice 30
Final Illinois 18 Louisiana Tech 35 Final Rutgers 40 North Carolina 21 Final North Carolina State 34 UCF 27
2:00 PM ET Texas A&M West Virginia 5:30 PM ET Oklahoma 17 Clemson 9:00 PM ET Arkansas Texas
3:00 PM ET Notre Dame 23 LSU 6:30 PM ET 13 Georgia 21 Louisville 10:00 PM ET Maryland Stanford
12:30 PM ET 9 Ole Miss 6 TCU 4:00 PM ET 20 Boise State 10 Arizona 8:00 PM ET 7 Mississippi State 12 Georgia Tech
12:00 PM ET 19 Auburn 18 Wisconsin 12:30 PM ET 8 Michigan State 5 Baylor 1:00 PM ET 16 Missouri 25 Minnesota 5:00 PM ET 2 Oregon 3 Florida State 8:30 PM ET 1 Alabama 4 Ohio State
12:00 PM ET Houston Pittsburgh 3:20 PM ET Iowa Tennessee 6:45 PM ET 11 Kansas State 14 UCLA 10:15 PM ET Washington Oklahoma State