Lunch links: Rivalry week heats up
November, 21, 2011
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Last night, on the BCS Countdown show, the SEC stole everyone's collective lunch box.
- Want to go to Thursday's Lone Star Showdown? I hope you're prepared to pony up.
- Which side needs it more, though? Cedric Golden of the Austin American-Statesman gives you three reasons it's Texas.
- Jimmy Burch of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram says Aggies coach Mike Sherman is feeling the heat, but has a huge buyout much larger than previously reported.
- Will Missouri and Kansas keep playing? Kansas has made it clear it doesn't plan to. Missouri says it will, writes Vahe Gregorian of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Now seems an appropriate time to remind everyone that it takes two to tango.
- Kellis Robinett of the Wichita Eagle dissects K-State's win over Texas, the fourth consecutive for the 'Cats over the Longhorns.
- Saturday's win was one of the most emotional in Missouri's history, writes Dave Matter of the Columbia Daily Tribune.
- Oklahoma's failed to fix its biggest problem, writes Travis Haney of The Oklahoman.
- Did you see the girl who stormed the field at Baylor on crutches? She's been tracked down for an interview.
- Could a stadium expansion be in Missouri's SEC future?
- Texas has quite a few problems on offense and not much time to fix them, writes Randy Riggs of the Austin American-Statesman.
- Tech fans have been spoiled by bowls of late, but that streak looks like it's coming to an end.
- Andrew Logue of the Des Moines Register takes you inside Iowa State's recent defensive resurgence.
- Gina Mizell of The Oklahoman sorts out Oklahoma State's bowl picture. The plane crash that killed four people, including two Oklahoma State women's basketball coaches, was fresh on Gundy's mind during Friday's loss.
- Kansas may be 2-9, but motivation won't be a problem this week against Missouri, writes J. Brady McCollough of the Kansas City Star.