Lunch links: New BU stadium by 2014?
December, 29, 2011
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Onward to the desert!
- A new on-campus stadium for Baylor looks like it's going to happen, according to university president Ken Starr. It could happen by 2014, too.
- Good news, Arkansas and K-State fans. Cotton Bowl ticket prices appear to be dropping on alternate markets, reports Kellis Robinett of the Wichita Eagle.
- Manny Diaz, take a bow. Kirk Bohls of the Austin American-Statesman offers an ode to Texas' defensive coordinator after a dominant performance in the Holiday Bowl. He'll have one of his best and most versatile defenders back next year, too. Kenny Vacarro is staying at Texas.
- Andrew Logue of the Des Moines Register gives you a look at the man who could beat Iowa State in the Pinstripe Bowl. He also fills you in on what it's like to get ready in the same locker room as guys such as Derek Jeter and Mariano Rivera.
- Oklahoma linebacker Travis Lewis ended his media silence on Wednesday at Insight Bowl media day, and had a lot to say. Guerin Emig of the Tulsa World was there for it. His career will meet an odd end, writes Jenni Carlson of The Oklahoman.
- Dave Matter of the Columbia Tribune empties the notebook on Missouri's season, including a comparison between James Franklin and Tim Tebow.
- Texas A&M will be wearing a special sticker to honor teammate Joey Villavisencio in the Meineke Car Care Bowl of Texas. Villavisencio died in a car accident last week.
- Harry Plumer of the Columbia Missourian breaks down Missouri's first-ever SEC schedule.
- Oklahoma had a special visitor at its final practice on Wednesday.
- Baylor has a chance to become the best team in Texas with a win in its bowl game, writes Jimmy Burch of Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- New Kansas quarterback Dayne Crist talks with Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World about how excited he is to be rejoining Charlie Weis.