Lunch links: Transfers land in, out of Big 12
January, 9, 2012
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
These playoffs are so Tebow right now. Can you imagine how good he would have been as a college player?
- Early mistakes put an end to what Kansas State had in its game plan, writes Kellis Robinett of the Kansas City Star.
- Travis Haney of The Oklahoman pieces together what Oklahoma's depth chart will look like in 2012.
- A Big 12 officiating crew will ref tonight's BCS National Championship Game. They're the same crew that colleague Ivan Maisel spent a weekend embedded with earlier this year at the Texas A&M-Oklahoma State game.
- The Big 12 put together a nice highlight video from each of the bowl games. And here's a cool 360-degree panoramic photo from the Cotton Bowl. If you were there or know someone who was there, you can find them. Extra points to anyone who spies yours truly.
- Former Texas Tech quarterback Jacob Karam is headed to Memphis, reports Phil Stukenborg of the Memphis Commercial-Appeal. Former Oklahoma tight end Austin Haywood is transferring to Central Arkansas. Former Texas blue-chip receiver recruit Darius White is transferring to Mizzou.
- Gina Mizell of The Oklahoman introduces you into the man who may be the new QB at Oklahoma State.
- K-State's loss in the Cotton Bowl is no reason to be too discouraged, writes Sam Mellinger of the Kansas City Star.
- ESPN is fully committed to the Longhorn Network, reports Kirk Bohls of the Austin American-Statesman.
- Coincidentally, a foot injury that required surgery began Barry J. Sanders' recruitment process with Stanford, reports The Oklahoman's Jason Kersey.
- Colleague Todd McShay weighs in on what Texas' players' draft prospects look like heading into April.