Lunch links: Big 12 scheduling mess
January, 18, 2012
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Sometimes, saying "I made a mistake" is just too difficult.
- Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman checks in on the scheduling mess that is the Big 12 right now. It's so bad, even the Red River Rivalry doesn't have its date set in stone. OU has exactly one game locked into its schedule: Oct. 27 vs. Notre Dame.
- Dismissed Kansas quarterback Brock Berglund tells his side of the story for why he's no longer a Jayhawk to Ryan Casey of the Denver Post. What do you think? Was his dismissal fair or foul? There's definitely an argument to be made for both.
- KU's three transfers have one goal in mind: Win, writes Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- Missouri quarterback James Franklin is proving once again he's the biggest jerk in college football. And by biggest jerk, I mean literally the nicest kid ever. He helped a 9-year-old girl win the national championship for punt, pass and kick, writes Laura Oberle of the Columbia Missourian.
- It's looking like Iowa State needs a new secondary coach. Bobby Elliott appears on his way to Notre Dame, writes Andrew Logue of the Des Moines Register.
- The 2012 class? It's already out of style. The pieces are already sliding into place for the 2013 class, especially at Texas.
- Oklahoma State's trying to swipe a commitment from a receiver currently pledged to Arkansas, writes Jason Kersey of The Oklahoman.
- The year off could serve Jake Heaps well at Kansas, writes Jayson Jenks of the Topeka Capital-Journal.
- Stewart Mandel of SI.com grades the new coaching hires in college football.