Lunch links: Could Big 12 expand again?
January, 25, 2012
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Little Jerry is a lean, mean pecking machine.
- Could the Big 12 expand again? It's "very possible" and Louisville and BYU top the Big 12's list. The league's expansion committee is set to meet for the first time since accepting West Virginia, reports Brad Wolverton of The Chronicle of Higher Education.
- You can see Dorial Green-Beckham's college decision live on ESPNU at a 10:15 a.m. ET ceremony on signing day, Feb. 1.
- The assault charges on former Kansas quarterback Brock Berglund have been dismissed, reports Ryan Casey of the Denver Post.
- Mike Stoops' contract has been approved by Oklahoma's regents.
- Oklahoma State's talent pool is simple: The vast majority of its past two recruiting classes came from Texas, writes Matthew Reagan of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Andy Staples of SI.com has a good look at college football recruiting and its relationship with Twitter, with a plea for recruits to behave themselves.
- Seven wins could be the new standard for bowl eligibility soon, writes Brett McMurphy of CBSSports.com.
- It looks like Charlie Weis is looking to add a juco quarterback to KU's ranks, writes Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World. Very much needed.
- Texas linebacker Keenan Robinson will take part in a skills challenge on ESPN2 on Super Bowl Sunday. This was fun to watch last year.
- I don't know how Texas leads the Big 12 in recruiting spending. It hardly ever leaves the state. Alas...
- Texas Tech's top commitment, receiver Dominique Wheeler reaffirmed his commitment to the Red Raiders, writes Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- Jamell Fleming's making an impression at this week's Senior Bowl.
- Could Texas swipe a recruit from TCU?
- Not Big 12 related, but great stuff here from Christopher Schultz at ESPN The Magazine. You saw the video. Landon Collins' mom wasn't happy when he committed to Alabama over LSU. Schultz takes you inside what happened next.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/big12