Lunch links: Look back at QB controversy
January, 26, 2012
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
Did you know that the original title for War and Peace was War, What Is It Good For?
- The money and tradition of Notre Dame were too much for now former Iowa State coach Bobby Elliott to turn down, writes Marc Hansen of the Des Moines Register.
- Suzanne Halliburton of the Austin American-Statesman looks back on how the 2007 recruiting classes shook out for Texas and Texas A&M.
- Former Texas Tech quarterback Steven Sheffield has some interesting comments about the final year and (lack of) quarterback shuffle for the Red Raiders. Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal caught up with him.
- Fox in Lubbock got a hold of the documents surrounding the failed settlement between former coach Mike Leach and Texas Tech.
- Want fewer bowl games? It's a change that brings with it a cost, writes Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman.
- Kansas State added a commitment at defensive end from the Kansas City area.
- Gina Mizell of The Oklahoman tracks Oklahoma State's growing recruiting efforts on the West Coast.
- Texas A&M women's basketball coach Gary Blair is no fan of the Aggies' move to the SEC.
- One of Oklahoma's top recruits was officially cleared by the NCAA.
- Don't look for Texas A&M to play a season away from Kyle Field while it's renovated.
- The decision to return to Texas A&M didn't work out like Jeff Fuller had hoped, writes Carlos Mendez of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.