Lunch links: About that Big 12 schedule ...
February, 13, 2012
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Oh, Paul McCartney. Yup.
- Sam Mellinger of the Kansas City Star introduces you to a new central figure in the Sunflower Showdown rivalry: a kindergarten girl.
- Jenni Carlson of The Oklahoman pitches an idea I'm all about: A Big 12-Big East football challenge. Yes. Yes. And yes. And what's the deal with the Big 12 schedule? The Oklahoman's Travis Haney catches you up on the delay.
- Chuck Carlton of The Dallas Morning News offers his thoughts on the schedule delay, too.
- Kirk Bohls of the Austin American-Statesman still wants to see Texas A&M AD Bill Byrne become the new Big 12 commissioner.
- Oklahoma State receiver Michael Harrison looked the part of a future star, but his status with the team is in doubt.
- Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal tracks the weight on Seth Doege's shoulders this year with dwindling numbers for Texas Tech at QB. At least those shoulders aren't hurt. Texas Tech suffered 24 long-term injuries last year.
- Gina Mizell of The Oklahoman tells the story of one of the newest Cowboys, and the community that teamed up to make his dream a reality. She also shares a little more that didn't crack the story.
- What will Texas' new class begin to look like? Here's a glimpse of guys who could be early commitments.
- Sure, former Longhorn Colt McCoy is OK. But Cleveland can do better. The Browns should grab Baylor's RG3.
- Could West Virginia's coaching staff add a former Oklahoma State head coach?
- Kansas looks like it has added an extra running back to its 2012 recruiting class.
- Condolences to Sooner legend Tommie Harris, whose wife died in Chicago this weekend at 29.
- Jarret Johnson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram introduces you to two local players being chased by Texas and Texas Tech.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/big12