Putting Big 12 NFL draft prospects into tiers
April, 11, 2012
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
So, maybe you're not an NFL GM (or maybe you are).
If you're an obsessive fantasy football player (guilty here), you know the tier system well. It's similar to what NFL teams use on draft day, to know when they're getting a player at a value, and when they can afford to wait around. Often, they're broken into position groups.
Our draft guru, Todd McShay, broke down the tier system for this year's draft, and placed players in several groups. Here's who landed where from the Big 12:
Tier 1 -- elite prospects
- Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III was one of just five prospects.
- OSU receiver Justin Blackmon was one of just two players.
- Texas A&M quarterback Ryan Tannehill was one of 12 players.
- Baylor receiver Kendall Wright was one of 12 players.
- Oklahoma State quarterback Brandon Weeden and Oklahoma linebacker Ronnell Lewis were two of 24 players.
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
Final North Dakota State 34 Iowa State 14 Final West Virginia 23 2 Alabama 33 Final Louisiana Tech 16 4 Oklahoma 48 Final Samford 14 TCU 48 Final Central Arkansas 35 Texas Tech 42 Final Stephen F. Austin 16 20 Kansas State 55 Final North Texas 7 Texas 38 Final 1 Florida State 37 Oklahoma State 31