Lunch links: Weis' epic mid-practice rant
April, 20, 2012
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Kevin Garnett helped me move once. Kevin Costner cooked me dinner after a bad breakup. Kevin Sorbo introduced me to his podiatrist.
- Big 12 expansion is still a possibility, says TCU athletic director Chris Del Conte. “Once a commissioner and television contract are finalized, then you take a deep breath and look at all the possibilities out there. You could remain at 10 or you could expand," he said.
- Here's your must-see video of the day. Charlie Weis is trying to teach his team how to do everything, including celebrate a win. He goes on a very frank rant, and Rustin Dodd of the Kansas City Star has video of the whole entertaining exchange. Dodd also updates one of the Big 12's best Cinderella stories: Kansas linebacker Steven Johnson is hoping to be drafted.
- Bob Stoops isn't happy, and believes his quarterback, Landry Jones, doesn't get the recognition he deserves.
- Austin Meek of the Topeka-Capital Journal has more from the 6 a.m. practice open to media.
- SI.com's Peter King says this year's NFL draft is a flashback to 1998, with two franchise quarterbacks at the top.
- RG3 isn't in Washington D.C. yet, but he's already having an impact on the franchise and its fans, writes SI.com's Don Banks.
- West Virginia backup quarterback Ford Childress, 18, was arrested for driving under the influence, and a preliminary breath test revealed a blood alcohol content of .189.
- Mike Finger of the San Antonio Express-News examines an alternate universe in which Texas AD DeLoss Dodds hired all the wrong coaches.
- TCU fans and teams will save a whole lot of money on travel in the Big 12.
- Oklahoma State is playing the name game with its "spring game," writes Gina Mizell of The Oklahoman.
- Dallas' mayor and Texas AD DeLoss Dodds met to discuss the Red River Rivalry in the city.
- West Virginia quarterback Geno Smith opens up about why his practice reps have been limited this spring practice.
- The Fort Worth Star-Telegram wants to know what you think about TCU's new uniforms.
- Here's another look at the work the Texas Tech football team did to aid tornado victims in Lancaster, Texas.
- TCU sold 22,000 season tickets last season. It has 15,700 so far this year, and is shooting for a school-record 30,000.
- Former Texas center Dallas Griffin is battling MS, but Tully Corcoran of Fox Sports explains Griffin's hobby to help stay positive.
- Rowan Kavner of the Dallas Morning News breaks down TCU's offensive line this year.
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
Final North Dakota State 34 Iowa State 14 Final West Virginia 23 2 Alabama 33 Final Louisiana Tech 16 4 Oklahoma 48 Final Samford 14 TCU 48 Final Central Arkansas 35 Texas Tech 42 Final Stephen F. Austin 16 20 Kansas State 55 Final North Texas 7 Texas 38 Final 1 Florida State 37 Oklahoma State 31