Lunch links: Texas Tech TV network?
April, 23, 2012
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
In Ron Artest's defense, James Harden's beard told him he was really unimpressed with Artest's dunk.
- Lots of nuggets in Kirk Bohls' Nine Things. Texas Tech is building a TV network similar to OU's model, he has a few candidates for Big 12 commish and predicts RG3 will win Rookie of the Year.
- Kansas State has had at least one player drafted in 18 consecutive drafts. Tysyn Hartman and David Garrett will try to keep that alive in 2012, writes Kellis Robinett of the Kansas City Star. Meanwhile, K-State's offense may look a bit different this year.
- Rick Maese of the Washington Post profiles the Redskins new quarterback: Robert Griffin III. There's plenty more you'll learn in the piece. Good stuff here.
- OSU quarterback Brandon Weeden will be 28 when he's drafted, but he's in good company. Remember Roger Staubach? Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman explains. A panel of Oklahoman writers weighs in on who will win the OSU quarterback derby. OC Todd Monken on the race: "You look at something, and you just have to be careful of rushing to judgment without watching the tape, you know?” Monken said. “There's a lot of beautiful girls out there with terrible personalities."
- Kansas likes what it has at receiver heading into 2012, writes Rustin Dodd of the Kansas City Star. Color me skeptical of that idea, but we'll see.
- West Virginia's spring game was ho-hum, but the offense will look much better in the fall, writes Mike Casazza of the Charleston Daily Mail.
- Tank Carder is trying to be the latest in a line of TCU linebackers to crash the NFL, writes Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Travis Lewis' great career looks like it'll be overshadowed by an underwhelming senior season when it comes to his draft stock. John Hoover of the Tulsa World explains.
- Oklahoma State tight end Blake Jackson is a success story already, regardless of his impact with the Cowboys out of junior college, writes Jenni Carlson of The Oklahoman.
- Texas DC Manny Diaz dishes on his defensive philosophy, his future, and what could be one of the all-time best Longhorns defenses.
- Kansas RB Tony Pierson has excelled this spring under Charlie Weis. The Jayhawks new defense will challenge the defensive backs, writes Jesse Newell of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- Catch up with the Longhorns if you haven't been paying attention this spring.
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
Final Nevada 3 Louisiana-Lafayette 16 Final Utah State 21 UTEP 6 Final 22 Utah 45 Colorado State 10 Final Western Michigan 24 Air Force 38 Final South Alabama 28 Bowling Green 33
6:00 PM ET Marshall Northern Illinois 9:30 PM ET Navy San Diego State
12:00 PM ET Central Michigan Western Kentucky 8:00 PM ET Fresno State Rice
1:00 PM ET Illinois Louisiana Tech 4:30 PM ET Rutgers North Carolina 8:00 PM ET North Carolina State UCF
1:00 PM ET Cincinnati Virginia Tech 2:00 PM ET 15 Arizona State Duke 3:30 PM ET Miami (FL) South Carolina 4:30 PM ET Boston College Penn State 8:00 PM ET Nebraska 24 USC
2:00 PM ET Texas A&M West Virginia 5:30 PM ET Oklahoma 17 Clemson 9:00 PM ET Arkansas Texas
3:00 PM ET Notre Dame 23 LSU 6:30 PM ET 13 Georgia 21 Louisville 10:00 PM ET Maryland Stanford
12:30 PM ET 9 Ole Miss 6 TCU 4:00 PM ET 20 Boise State 10 Arizona 8:00 PM ET 7 Mississippi State 12 Georgia Tech
12:00 PM ET 19 Auburn 18 Wisconsin 12:30 PM ET 8 Michigan State 5 Baylor 1:00 PM ET 16 Missouri 25 Minnesota 5:00 PM ET 2 Oregon 3 Florida State 8:30 PM ET 1 Alabama 4 Ohio State
12:00 PM ET Houston Pittsburgh 3:20 PM ET Iowa Tennessee 6:45 PM ET 11 Kansas State 14 UCLA 10:15 PM ET Washington Oklahoma State