Lunch links: Last-minute draft sleepers
April, 26, 2012
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Straight down the middle, no hook, no spin, no fuss. Anything more and this becomes figure skating.
- Scary incident in Lubbock on Wednesday. A Texas Tech football player was hit by a bus. His roommate tweeted a photo of the damage.
- The next steps to a college football playoff are falling into place. Be still, my beating heart.
- Gina Mizell of The Oklahoman has a few leftover thoughts after OSU's spring game.
- Could Iowa State lineman Kelechi Osemele sneak into the first round of tonight's draft? Speaking of sneaky first-rounders, could OSU QB Brandon Weeden do the same?
- West Virginia Illustrated breaks down how the Mountaineers' 2009 recruiting class is doing these days.
- Texas A&M QB Ryan Tannehill is the biggest wild card in the draft, writes Charean Williams of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- SI.com's Stewart Mandel says Tannehill's overrated, and OSU safety Markelle Martin is underrated.
- The spring game was something special for WVU offensive lineman Josh Jenkins. Bob Hertzel of the Times West Virginian explains.
- Here's KU running backs coach Reggie Mitchell mic'd up at a recent practice.
- Oklahoma State picked up its second commit of the 2013 class, a 6-foot-5, 300-pound lineman from St. Louis who was also considering Auburn and Florida.
- I'm sure you remember K-State running back Bryce Brown. He's still hoping he hears his name in the NFL draft this weekend, reports Kellis Robinett of the Wichita Eagle.
- Kansas coach Charlie Weis is trying to create a new fan tradition in Lawrence, writes Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World.
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET 4 Oklahoma Tulsa 12:00 PM ET 20 Kansas State Iowa State 3:30 PM ET Missouri State Oklahoma State 7:00 PM ET Southeast Missouri State Kansas 7:30 PM ET BYU Texas 7:30 PM ET Towson West Virginia 7:30 PM ET Northwestern State 10 Baylor 11:00 PM ET Texas Tech UTEP