Links: Why WVU made the right call(s)
May, 3, 2012
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
Low flow? I don't like the sound of that.
- The impending playoff is one more reason why WVU made the right decision to join the Big 12, AD Oliver Luck told colleague Ivan Maisel.
- Bob Bowlsby is a solid choice for commissioner, writes Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman. Bowlsby has no ties to any Big 12 schools, which is a good political development. He could be a much-needed calming influence for the league.
- The drama between Dana Holgorsen and Bill Stewart is behind West Virginia as it moves into the Big 12, writes Andy Staples of SI.com.
- You down with football sabermetrics? You and Texas DC Manny Diaz could be friends.
- WVU and Florida State settled after WVU pulled out of a home-and-home with the Seminoles.
- Conference champions ranked in the top six could get automatic bids into the four-team playoff.
- West Virginia's moving into a good place in the Big 12, but ACC-bound rival Pitt and the Mountaineers will miss each other, writes Bob Hertzel of the Times West Virginian.
- Oklahoma State landed a coveted wide receiver who had offers from Michigan, Arkansas and Texas Tech. He's the No. 27 player in Texas.