Lunch links: Ranking the Big 12 coaches
May, 7, 2012
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Now, that's what I call a SuperMoon.
- Bob Bowlsby's the Big 12's new man, and he talks a big game, but will he be Texas' man, too? Kirk Bohls of the Austin American-Statesman examines the issue. Bowlsby earned plenty of praise after his introductory news conference on Friday. If you want the Big 12 to stabilize, you better hope it's deserved praise, writes Kevin Haskin of the Topeka Capital-Journal.
- The Big 12 just got a new commissioner, but the Big East sounds like it's now on the market for a new head man.
- Matt Hayes of Sporting News ranks the Big 12 coaches from top to bottom. I'm sure you'll all agree.
- New Oklahoma State quarterback Wes Lunt is trying to keep life as normal as possible. Gina Mizell of The Oklahoman explains how.
- NFL.com takes you behind the scenes of Justin Blackmon's draft night. Cool stuff here.
- Cole Manbeck of the Manhattan Mercury introduces you to the newest QB at K-State who impressed at the spring game: Tay Bender.
- A judge refused to dismiss a civil suit against Texas Tech coach Tommy Tuberville.
- Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World offers an update on the tight competition at receiver at Kansas. He also catches up with ex-Jayhawk tight end Tim Biere, who maneuvered his way through the world of undrafted free agency into a contract with the hometown Chiefs.
- Receiver Michael Harrison's future at OSU (or not) looks like it's getting even cloudier.
- Oklahoma offensive lineman Donald Stephenson is living a dream after being drafted by the Kansas City Chiefs.
- This story is insane.
- Loud noises!
- Texas Tech athletic director Kirby Hocutt offers his thoughts on the new Big 12 commissioner.
- Could a new stadium revitalize tourism in Waco?