Lunch links: Stacking up coaching salaries
May, 9, 2012
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Sent from one of my four iPads? This guy sounds amazing.
- How do the Big 12 coaches rank by age? You might be surprised, writes Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman.
- According to tax documents, TCU coach Gary Patterson will enter the Big 12 making more than every coach but Mack Brown, Bob Stoops and Mike Gundy, reports Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- A Texas receiver and a TCU offensive lineman make CBS Sports' Bruce Feldman's annual "Freaks" list.
- One awful fall made Darrin Moore's 2011 season take a turn for the worse. Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal tracks the Texas Tech receiver's road back.
- Looking around the Big 12, West Virginia will enter in better condition than most programs, writes Mike Casazza of the Charleston Daily Mail.
- Heisman winner RG3 has decided to try and copyright "RG3," "RGIII" and the catchphrase from his Heisman speech, "Unbelievably Believable." He's also made his own company, Thr3escompany, LLC.
- Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World breaks down the wholesale changes on KU's roster this offseason.
- West Virginia is officially looking into how to monetize its Tier 3 media rights, which the Big 12 allows.
- Oklahoma's welcoming a transfer from Fresno State.
- Will West Virginia AD Oliver Luck leave for Stanford? He's not officially saying no, writes Mitch Vingle of the Charleston Gazette.
- Kansas legislature is honoring K-State coach Bill Snyder today.
- Texas A&M AD Bill Byrne and president R. Bowen Loftin disagree on Byrne's role in A&M's decision to move from the Big 12 to the SEC.
- A panel at Athlon discusses the big question at Oklahoma State: Is a Big 12 title possible with a true freshman quarterback?
- Paul Myerberg of PreSnap Read explains how you should judge Year 1 of the Weis Era at Kansas.
- One of the nation's top receivers is likely to receive an offer from Texas this weekend.