Lunch links: Could Wes Lunt lose his spot?
May, 10, 2012
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
What are you looking at, Jar Jar Binks?
- Could Wes Lunt lose his spot as OSU's starting QB? Offensive coordinator Todd Monken says if he doesn't play well in fall camp, it's possible.
- Iowa State coach Paul Rhoads is fighting for Alzheimer's research. Why? "Because it's personal to me," he said. Andrew Logue of the Des Moines Register has the story. Will Rhoads always be at Iowa State? He talks about the complicated issue.
- West Virginia starting defenders Darwin Cook and Terence Garvin were arrested for shoplifting after stealing snacks from a convenience store.
- Baylor received a large donation that will go toward naming rights of the field inside its new stadium. It'll be called John Eddie Williams Field.
- Would you like to go to a Texas football game with Longhorns superfan Matthew McConaughey? Today is your lucky day, friends.
- After a handful of suspensions, Berry Tramel of the Oklahoman breaks down the winners and losers at Oklahoma.
- WVU is searching for a media partner for its third-tier media rights, and could have one by September, writes Mike Casazza of the Charleston Daily Mail.
- Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy sits down for a wide-ranging Q&A with Bill Haisten of the Tulsa World.
- Paul Myerberg at Pre-Snap Read pegs five transfers to watch in the Big 12.
- Coley Harvey of the Orlando Sentinel addresses the idea of Florida State to the Big 12 in the wake of the ACC media deal.
- Texas Tech safety Cody Davis takes you inside the last few weeks of the semester in the life of a college athlete.
- Brandon Weeden helped former Oklahoma State teammate Josh Cooper become his current teammate with the Cleveland Browns.
- Turner Gill's poor recruiting classes are hurting KU in 2012, writes Tom Keegan of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- Colleague Ivan Maisel points to what's unique about Oklahoma's new transfer.
- The Big 12's website takes a post-spring look at Texas Tech.
- And because WVU fans have been begging me all day to put this in lunch links ... here you go.