Lunch links: Big 12 expansion possibilities
May, 14, 2012
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
- Feel like you're behind on all this "Florida State to the Big 12?" talk? Coley Harvey of the Orlando Sentinel will get you caught up.
- Could Big 12 expansion be the key to ushering in four major conferences? Dennis Dodd of CBSSports.com examines the issue.
- How would the Seminoles fit in the new Big 12?
- The Big 12 needs to explore the idea of admitting Florida State and research their interest, writes the Austin American Statesman's Kirk Bohls. And where does Mack Brown rank among Big 12 coaches recently? Very low.
- The Red River Rivalry is locked into staying at the Cotton Bowl during the State Fair of Texas through 2020.
- After last week's receiver suspensions, OU fans should feel even better about having Landry Jones back, writes Jenni Carlson of The Oklahoman.
- Former Kansas Stater (and I use that term liberally) Bryce Brown credits Bill Snyder for helping him reach the NFL, but says he'd do nothing differently.
- New Kansas coach Charlie Weis wants to reverse the latest trend of Sunflower Showdown beatdowns, writes Rustin Dodd of the Kansas City Star.
- Former Baylor receiver Kendall Wright talks about the phenomenon of Baylor not having a playbook.
- Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman offers up a touching story of former Heisman winner Jason White and his relationship with his late mother.
- Iowa State coach Paul Rhoads can't help but get emotional talking about his mother's death after a battle with Alzheimer's.
- Here's another touching Mother's Day story about Baylor's other Robert Griffin, who played in the Alamo Bowl with a heavy heart few knew about.
- New Kansas quarterback Turner Baty liked what he saw on a visit to KU's spring game, writes Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- Oklahoma is dealing with its suspensions, but they won't be the end of the world, writes Mike Baldwin of The Oklahoman.
- There's a playoff on the way, but it won't fix everything, writes Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Oklahoma State's offensive line might be its best ever, writes Gina Mizell of The Oklahoman.
- A Kansas State assistant committed a minor NCAA violation, and will have his recruiting restricted.
- The Tulsa World's John Hoover is moving from OU beat writer to columnist for the paper. Congratulations to him, and check out his debut column.
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
13:24 3rd Qtr North Carolina State 17 UCF 10 Final Illinois 18 Louisiana Tech 35 Final Rutgers 40 North Carolina 21
Final Nevada 3 Louisiana-Lafayette 16 Final Utah State 21 UTEP 6 Final 22 Utah 45 Colorado State 10 Final Western Michigan 24 Air Force 38 Final South Alabama 28 Bowling Green 33
Final Marshall 52 Northern Illinois 23 Final Navy 17 San Diego State 16
Final Central Michigan 48 Western Kentucky 49 Final Fresno State 6 Rice 30
1:00 PM ET Cincinnati Virginia Tech 2:00 PM ET 15 Arizona State Duke 3:30 PM ET Miami (FL) South Carolina 4:30 PM ET Boston College Penn State 8:00 PM ET Nebraska 24 USC
2:00 PM ET Texas A&M West Virginia 5:30 PM ET Oklahoma 17 Clemson 9:00 PM ET Arkansas Texas
3:00 PM ET Notre Dame 23 LSU 6:30 PM ET 13 Georgia 21 Louisville 10:00 PM ET Maryland Stanford
12:30 PM ET 9 Ole Miss 6 TCU 4:00 PM ET 20 Boise State 10 Arizona 8:00 PM ET 7 Mississippi State 12 Georgia Tech
12:00 PM ET 19 Auburn 18 Wisconsin 12:30 PM ET 8 Michigan State 5 Baylor 1:00 PM ET 16 Missouri 25 Minnesota 5:00 PM ET 2 Oregon 3 Florida State 8:30 PM ET 1 Alabama 4 Ohio State
12:00 PM ET Houston Pittsburgh 3:20 PM ET Iowa Tennessee 6:45 PM ET 11 Kansas State 14 UCLA 10:15 PM ET Washington Oklahoma State