Lunch links: Buyer's remorse at Mizzou?
May, 23, 2012
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
If I wanted to run a monkey hotel, I'd install a banana buffet.
- Does the recent Big 12-SEC partnership inspire some buyer's remorse at Mizzou? Sam Mellinger of the Kansas City Star examines the issue.
- Texas AD DeLoss Dodds is against expansion, but openly courted Notre Dame, writes Brett McMurphy of CBSSports.
- The Big East and ACC had their chance and missed it. The Big 12-SEC deal has shut the window on the lesser conferences, writes Dan Wetzel of Yahoo! Sports.
- Recent suspensions bring about a comparison to Bob Stoops' first team at Oklahoma, writes Jason Kersey of The Oklahoman.
- Florida State was supposed to save the ACC. When it moves to the Big 12, it will kill the ACC, writes Gregg Doyel of CBSSports.com.
- TCU players had a big impact on a local eight-year-old boy's life.
- KU running back James Sims entered into a diversion agreement for his OWI arrest earlier this spring.
- Here's an update on Iowa State's brand-new facility.
- Is a KU offensive lineman commit angling to move to BYU?
- Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal introduces you to the newest Red Raider, Baylen Brown.
- Gina Mizell of the Oklahoman breaks down Tracy Moore's assault on the record book.
- K-State AD John Currie talks a bit more about the Big 12-SEC bowl game that will begin at the end of the 2014 season.
- OSU DT Christian Littlehead was arrested for public intoxication, his second arrest in six months.
- Iowa State receiver Albert Gary was sentenced after a robbery incident, and four teammates were with him during the arrest.
- What about a scheduling alliance with the SEC for the Big 12? Berry Tramel of the Oklahoman pitches the idea.