Lunch links: Big 12 change of fortune
May, 24, 2012
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Guess what, suddenly you're 60 years old, wandering toothless and alone in a post-apocalyptic wasteland!
- A year ago, the Big 12 was being left for dead. Now, it holds in its hands the fates of the Big East and ACC, writes Matt Hayes of Sporting News.
- Yahoo! Sports' Pat Forde has a series of humorous realignment emails from administration in this piece of historical fiction.
- Texas' newest quarterback commit wants to be the next Vince Young.
- As realignment spins, new Kansas coach Charlie Weis doesn't have to worry about uncertainty, writes Rustin Dodd of the Kansas City Star.
- Tommy Tuberville's business associate has been indicted, but Tuberville was not listed on the indictment.
- Skip Holtz's son -- and, thus, Lou Holtz's grandson -- is walking on with the Texas Longhorns, reports Greg Auman of the Tampa Bay Times.
- Charlie Weis is changing things at KU, but he doesn't like the term "change of culture," writes Kevin Haskin of the Topeka Capital-Journal.
- Just when you thought the State Fair of Texas couldn't get any more delicious ...