Big 12 lunch links: Watson holding firm to his offense
October, 14, 2009
By Tim Griffin | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Griffin
There are games around the Big 12 this week other than just Oklahoma-Texas.
Here are some links about the Red River Rivalry and a bunch of other ones across the conference.
- Nebraska offensive coordinator Shawn Watson is remaining steadfast to his principles, despite some mounting personnel losses, Lincoln Journal Star columnist Steve Sipple writes.
- The Oklahoman’s Brandon Chatmon writes that Dez Bryant stated his case to play again this season before NCAA officials.
- Texas athletic director DeLoss Dodds talks about all things involving the Red River Rivalry in a chat moderated by the Dallas Morning News.
- The Lubbock Avalanche-Journal’s Don Williams reports that Texas Tech’s defense will aim to keep Nebraska from dominating time of possession Saturday in Lincoln.
- The San Antonio Express-News’ Mike Finger details some of the subplots of Saturday’s Texas-Oklahoma game, including the deep-fried butter that is available along the midway.
- If Baylor wants to make a bowl trip this season, the Bears are facing a must-win game Saturday at Iowa State, John Werner of the Waco Tribune-Herald reports.
- Although Tyler Hansen will start Saturday against Kansas, the Boulder Daily Camera’s Kyle Ringo reports that Cody Hawkins still might get some playing time against Kansas. And Boulder Daily Camera columnist Neill Woelk writes that Hansen deserves a fair shot at running the team.
- Bobby LaGesse of the Ames Tribune writes of Iowa State's encouragement with its improvement despite the Cyclones’ 0-2 conference start.
- Childhood friends and Missouri teammates Andrew Gachkar and Trey Hobson have each overcome obstacles en route to their college football careers, the Kansas City Star’s Mike DeArmond writes.
- The Kansas City Star’s Martin Manley provides an interesting statistical comparison between the college careers of Chase Daniel and Todd Reesing.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/big12