Lunch links: A special Father's Day
June, 19, 2012
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
All of your page duties stop right now. The welfare of this bird is your only concern. He lives, or you die.
- Oklahoma's tired of playing so many night games? Well, it could start losing, writes colleague Ivan Maisel.
- The Fort Worth Star-Telegram has a cool gallery of all the Dave Campbell's Texas Football covers featuring TCU.
- Colleague Mark Schlabach writes that the BCS model is beginning to take shape, and playing a four-team, three-game playoff with existing BCS bowl sites hosting semifinal games may be the favored model.
- You couldn't find a better candidate for the director of football operations than the man West Virginia just hired, writes Mike Casazza of the Charleston Daily Gazette.
- Also cool: This photo of the Oklahoma State linebackers on Father's Day.
- Texas' website has a story from a gathering of all Texas' freshmen.
- Coach Bill Snyder says K-State hit a case of the summer doldrums in its workouts, writes Austin Meek of the Topeka Capital-Journal.
- Athlon released its preseason All-Big 12 team.
- The hatred for losing fuels West Virginia, writes Bob Hertzel of the Times West Virginian.
- Former Kansas DB Aqib Talib had assault charges in Dallas stemming from an incident last June dismissed.
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET 4 Oklahoma Tulsa 12:00 PM ET 20 Kansas State Iowa State 3:30 PM ET Missouri State Oklahoma State 7:00 PM ET Southeast Missouri State Kansas 7:30 PM ET BYU Texas 7:30 PM ET Towson West Virginia 7:30 PM ET Northwestern State 10 Baylor 11:00 PM ET Texas Tech UTEP