Lunch links: WVU ticket sales booming
June, 20, 2012
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Who unleashed these tender horns on Columbia, Missouri?
- West Virginia ticket sales are getting a big boost from the entrance to the Big 12, writes Mike Casazza of the Charleston Daily Mail.
- Jason Kersey of The Oklahoman breaks down the top five freshman seasons ever by an offensive Sooner. Could Trey Metoyer crash this list soon?
- Texas Tech wants an indoor facility, and AD Kirby Hocutt sees it happening eventually ... just not in the next 24 months, reports Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- You wanted to know what Les Miles thought about the recent Twitter jab T. Boone Pickens took at the rapper Drake. It's OK. I know you did.
- Baylor coach Art Briles is excited about the addition of TCU and West Virginia, but perhaps too excited. "You lose two teams in Texas A&M and Missouri who never won a Big 12 Championship and gain a pair of teams in TCU and West Virginia who have won BCS games in the last two years. It's exciting."
- Oklahoma proved it has the Big 12's best nonconference schedule, writes Sporting News' Matt Hayes.
- CBSSports' Dennis Dodd warns: Considering their track record, don't expect the presidents to get the playoff right.
- David Just of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal has an update on J.J. Lollar, who underwent eye surgery last Thursday and will miss the 2012 season. Here's more on Lollar's story.
- Gina Mizell of The Oklahoman tracks Brodrick Brown's place in OSU's record books.
- Today is West Virginia Day. Celebrate the state's independence by making a list of a few things to cross off your bucket list when you make your first trip next fall.