Lunch links: Notre Dame to the Big 12?
June, 22, 2012
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
I'm not a little girl, I'm a bionic woman!
- Is Notre Dame ditching the Big East for the Big 12? The whispers are growing, writes Al Lesar of the South Bend Tribune. AD Jack Swarbrick talks from the BCS meetings in Chicago.
- College football looks headed for a playoff, but interim Big 12 commissioner Chuck Neinas pitched his idea to the Southwest Conference 23 years ago, writes Jason Kersey of The Oklahoman.
- Here's a pretty cool commercial for Baylor's 2012 season. Tremble at the sound of Art Briles' voice.
- Former Oklahoma State running back Herschel Sims pleaded not guilty to felony forgery charges, reports Anthony Slater of The Oklahoman.
- Texas Tech signee J.J. Loller is making headlines with his eye disorder, but he wouldn't be the first Red Raider to press on despite vision problems, writes David Just of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- Colleague Mark Schlabach runs down the issues that still have to be settled, even if college football's playoff is on the way.
- Be skeptical if you want, but Kansas State receiver Chris Harper is gunning for a 1,000-yard season in Manhattan, writes Kellis Robinett of the Wichita Eagle.
- Texas would like to introduce you to freshman Bryce Cottrell, a defensive end from Plano, Texas.
- Former Oklahoma State quarterback Brandon Weeden threw out the first pitch at a Cleveland Indians game this week. To the big leagues, after all.
- Here are the high school quarterbacks headed to the Elite 11 camp. Plenty of Big 12 flavor here. Learn these names now and get ahead of the game.